This page will be kept up to date with the latest information.
New Appointment Guidelines:
- We are asking that all patients arrive 10 minutes PRIOR to their scheduled appointment, with teeth brushed well. We have closed our tooth brushing station. Remember, the doctors can’t see what they need to if patients have dirty teeth!!
- We are asking all patients over age 12 and any accompanying parent or guardian to wear a mask in our office and everyone will be given hand sanitizer as they enter and exit.
- Anyone entering the office will be screened with virus-related health questions and have their temperature taken. Anyone unable to answer NO to the health questionnaire or running a fever of 100.4 will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We will restrict extra family members to 1 accompanying caregiver for dental appointments and are asking for only the patient to come back to the orthodontic clinic, in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- We have made changes to our schedule to minimize patient appointments overlap and also to move certain types of appointments into private rooms. As a result, we may need to move or adjust your previously scheduled appointment.
- We have a COVID-19 Infection Control Protocol in place and each team member has been thoroughly trained on this protocol.
- We will take the temperature of all team members twice each day and no team members will be allowed to work if they are feeling unwell in any way or are running a fever of 100.4, as described in the CDC guidelines.
- As always, our office follows all OSHA infection control standards but we have increased protection in some areas to further minimize the risk of infection and adhere to increased protocols as instructed by our governing boards. Our team will be wearing masks at all times and all clinical employees will be wearing full PPE as per the CDC guidelines. Some procedures will have added PPE such as safety shields and surgical gowns.
- We have rearranged seats in our waiting room to comply with social distancing guidelines and are monitoring the number of people that we have waiting in the waiting room at all times.
- We have removed all things from our waiting room that could aid in the spread of germs (magazines, coloring pages, video games, coffee bar) and are using digital forms as much as possible. We will disinfect surfaces in the waiting room several times per day.
- We are adding medical-grade air purifying units to all private rooms and larger units in the open orthodontic clinic.
- We are adhering to all additional clinical protocols set forth by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners emergency rule 108.7 to remain effective until the COVID-19 disaster declaration is terminated.