Did you know that you can get the same superior orthodontic care as your child? At Smiles of Austin, our orthodontists are known for designing natural-looking, beautiful smiles for all ages – from young children, all the way through adulthood!
We are proud to offer the very best adult orthodontics in Austin, TX because our office is designed with convenience in mind. You can get your teeth straightened by the very same dentists you trust with your child’s smile.
Invisalign® Clear Braces For Adults
Are you worried that traditional metal braces negatively impact your professional image? When you are a Smiles of Austin patient, you’ll never need to avoid orthodontic treatment simply because you don’t like the look of traditional braces. That’s where the increasingly popular Invisalign® system comes in!
For adult patients who want to get a straighter, more beautiful smile as discreetly as possible, Invisalign is a popular choice. It’s a great option for patients with crowded teeth, teeth that are too widely spaced, crossbite, overbite, underbite, and more. The Invisalign system is a series of clear, smooth, removable plastic aligners that fit comfortably on your teeth. Similar to retainers, patients wear the trays for at least 22 hours every day. The custom-fit aligners are switched out every two weeks, gradually and gently shifting the teeth into its new, spectacular smile.
There are so many benefits to using the Invisalign system – it’s easy to see why so many adults are choosing it! Whether there’s a bride who’s wanting to get camera-ready for her big day, or a professional wanting to gain more self-confidence, Invisalign could help you get the life-changing smile you want!
Here are a few of the benefits that make Invisalign a great option for adults:
- They’re discreet – The clear plastic makes them virtually invisible. Don’t be surprised if many people don’t even realize you’re undergoing treatment!
- No dietary restrictions – There’s no need to change your eating habits! Simply remove the brackets to eat as you normally would.
- Fewer doctor visits – With office visits only every four to six weeks, Invisalign fits easily into your busy lifestyle.
- They can be removed for brief periods – Need to take a headshot for your business cards? Pose for wedding photos? No problem! As long as you have them on for 22 hours, remove them briefly when necessary!
- Brush and floss normally – Since the aligners are removable, you can easily maintain your periodontal health by brushing and flossing as you normally would.
Braces For Adults
Think braces are just for kids? Think again! At Smiles of Austin, we treat many adults too. Maybe you never had orthodontics as a child, or perhaps your teeth shifted many years after treatment. Or maybe a problem that used to be very difficult to correct is now easier due to changes in technology. No matter the reason, we are happy to meet with you to discuss your needs, wants, and options.
Types Of Braces
- Metal Brackets and Wires: Stainless steel brackets are mounted to the front surface of the teeth, and the archwire guides the teeth into proper position over the course of treatment.
- Ceramic Brackets and Wires: Like metal brackets, ceramic brackets are bonded to the teeth and an archwire moves them into position. Since ceramic brackets are clear, they are less noticeable, making them popular with adult patients. Be aware that these brackets are more fragile than the stainless steel, and patients may see discoloring in the clear elastic ties between visits.
How Much Does Adult Orthodontics Cost?
Your total orthodontics or braces cost will vary depending on the following factors:
- The length of treatment
- The types of orthodontic appliances used
- If any preliminary treatments or procedures are required
At Smiles of Austin, our team is committed to providing comprehensive care at reasonable prices. That’s why we offer low down payment options, as well as discounts when treatment is paid for, upfront and in full.
Even better, if you undergo treatment at the same time as your child, we’ll even provide a separate 10% discount!
Convenient Care At Smiles of Austin
Get ready to reveal your straightest, healthiest smile! Call us today to schedule an adult orthodontic consultation.